Description of the week end immersion into encaustic painting
Are you art enthusiast wanting to discover a new versatile painting process ?
Do you want to recharge your creative batteries and create beautiful atmospheric artwork and embellish them using a wide range of techniques in a relax and inspiring environment?
Then, I invite you to spend the week-end discovering the art of encaustic painting, an ancient painting process using molten beeswax, resins and natural pigments.
This workshop offers the unique opportunity to take two days for yourself and immerse yourself in your creativity.
During the workshops, you will be able to focus on your artistic work, and take it to the next level : participants will be exposed to basic, intermediate and advanced techniques in working with encaustic medium.
Whether you come with a project in mind or a blank canvas, you will find support and input, from likeminded people, while being given all the skills you need for creative growth.
We will share what inspire us and you will be shown you different ways to translate it into your artworks.
Immerse yourself in your art, create and leave transformed and refreshed !
Subjects covered during the introduction class (Saturday):
- Resources on Safety, ventilation, correct working temperatures, and proper use of equipment.
- Appropriate supports and grounds, palette, brushes, colours and studio set up.
- Different ways to apply paint, fusing options.
- Mastering the enchanting Shellac burn technique
- How to achieve a smooth/textured surface.
- Create your own colours and making your own medium
- Incorporating mixed media techniques and embedding elements such as collage
- Mark making and Stencilling
Subjects covered during the advanced techniques class (Sunday):
- Making your own medium
- Relief and textural techniques (Cavo rilieveo, dripping, splattering, accretions…)
- Inscribing/etching/ scraffito/ use of masking tape
- Using drawings and transfer
- Dry brush technique
- Inlay/ intarsia
- Photo encaustic/transfer
- The enchanting shellac burn (amber and colored)
- Using stencils
- Scrapping technique
- Alcohol inks and pearl x and much much more…
Dates: Saturday 2nd May, 10 to 4pm / Sunday 3rd May 2020, 10 to 4 pm.
Location: Location: Block T
Fee: €240. The package price includes 2 days of total encaustic painting immersion, all tuitions and materials. Also a pdf printout containing all the information you need as well as a list of suppliers.
Payment plan available.( deposit of €100 required to secure space).
Accommodation not included. Once you are booked, Isabelle will send you an informative list of accommodation in the area.
Workshop limited to 8 participants.
Art Classes for everyone: absolute beginners and developing artists alike.
Important note: Due to the high demand for my workshops this year, all places on all workshops are limited and sold on a first-booked, first-served basis, which means that you will need to secure your space as early as possible to avoid disappointment.
You have questions about my workshops? read my FAQ sheet here
You can email me here
Once you register I will provide you with information on travel as well as directions to my studio and how to prepare for The week end .
Read testimonials from former participants here
Find me on social media: